Fighting the good fight
Jeremy R. Williams
Whitfield, Bryson & Mason LLP
900 W. Morgan Street
Raleigh, NC 27603
As an attorney at Whitfield, Bryson & Mason LLP, Jeremy Williams focuses on fighting for the rights of consumers in complex litigation. Since joining the firm in 2014 he has taken on leadership roles in large cases throughout the country, including: products liability class actions; class actions related to understaffing of adult care homes and fraudulent pricing schemes by insurance companies and pharmacies; complex business disputes on behalf of minority shareholders; and Medicaid fraud False Claims Act cases. In addition, Jeremy has represented owners in a number of lawsuits related to defective construction of residential and commercial real estate.
Jeremy earned his law degree from Campbell University School of Law as part of joint degree program that also allowed him to earn his M.B.A. from North Carolina State University. Prior to beginning this dual degree program, Jeremy attended Elon University where he received his Bachelor of Science. While in law school, Jeremy clerked at both Whitfield, Bryson & Mason and a regional litigation defense firm based in Raleigh. After law school, Jeremy joined that defense firm, where his practice was focused on defending health care providers and businesses in litigation throughout North Carolina. Jeremy’s background defending clients in litigation gives Jeremy a unique insight into how the other side thinks, insight he now uses to help clients who have been wronged by another person or company.
Jeremy is a member of the Wake County Bar Association, the North Carolina Bar Association, the North Carolina Advocates for Justice, the American Association for Justice, and the Public Justice Foundation. He also serves as a member of the education committee for the North Carolina Advocates for Justice, an executive board member of the Triangle Chapter of the Elon Alumni Association, and as the co-chair of the Young Ambassadors Steering Committee for SAFEchild, a non-profit dedicated to eliminating child abuse in Wake County, North Carolina.
- State of North Carolina
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- United States District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- United States District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- Wake County Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice, Education Committee
- American Association for Justice
- Public Justice Foundation
- Elon Alumni Association, Triangle Chapter, Executive Board Member
- SAFEchild, Young Ambassadors Steering Committee
- Class Action Settlements: Using Discovery to Craft Effective Notice Plans – July 2017 – NCAJ Trial Briefs (co-authored with Patrick M. Wallace)
- ESI Essentials: What You Absolutely Must Know in this Day and Age About Electronically Stored Information (co-authored with Daniel K. Bryson)
- Insurance: Covered v. Uncovered (co-authored with Matthew E. Lee)
- Elon University: B.S.
- North Carolina State University: M.B.A.
- Campbell University School of Law: J.D.
- MDL No. 2577, In re: Elk Cross Timbers Decking Marketing, Sales Practices, and Products Liability Litigation (D. N.J.) (products liability class action related to defective composite decking materials)
- MDL No. 2495, In re: Atlas Roofing Corporation Chalet Shingle Products Liability Litigation (N.D. Ga.) (products liability class action related to defective roofing shingles)
- Hummel v. Tamko Building Products, Inc. (M.D. Fla.) (products liability class action related to defective roofing shingles)
- Kimberly Negron, et al. v. Cigna Corporation, et al. (D. Conn.) (class action related to deceptive pricing scheme for generic prescription drugs)
- Jeanne T. Bartels, by and through William H. Bartels, Attorney-in-fact, et al. v. Saber Healthcare Group, et al. (Franklin County, North Carolina) (class action related to understaffing of adult care homes)
- Jeremy has also helped obtain several confidential settlements of over $1,000,000 related to defective construction
Let’s start talking about your case right now with a free consultation!
Whether you’re certain that you have a case or just want to talk to an experienced lawyer, we’re here to help. No matter how complex the case or how daunting the opposition, we fight for our clients every step of the way.
Get in touch
Toll free: 855-926-2889
“[Some] of the nation’s most respected and experienced attorneys...”